Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Well, it is here. Inauguration day for President Obama. I just had to share an experience that we had last night. First, I promise that what happened was not in any way prompted or influenced by me, Ann, or any of Mary's other family members. She hasn't ever heard anyone speak about the soon-to-be President, be they supporter or skeptic.

Here is what happened. We were sitting down at dinner, and I love using any opportunity I get to teach our wonderful children. Watching a child learn is an awesome experience. I believe that knowing what is going on in the world is important to know, even for a five-year-old. So, I told Mary that we were getting a new President of the United States.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"His name is Barack Obama," I answered.

"Obama? Oh bummer."

There you have it. And the way she said it was classic. That should give you all a laugh, whether you be supporter or skeptic.

1 comment:

beccandjp said...

that is so great!! I have vowed that once I have kids I am going to write that stuff down all the time!!!